Sunday, April 28, 2013

April Book: Pretties

This month I read Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. It's the second book in the series "Uglies." Uglies was a fantastic book and Pretties was no exception. I'm glad I don't start reading series as books come out because I seriously don't have the attention span for that.

Without giving too much away, we join Tally (the main character) as a Pretty. She's joined a clique called Crims where they like to pull of big pranks and keep people on their toes. She and another Crim receive the cure for the lesions on their brains that occur when one goes under the operation to become a Pretty. The story ensues.

This book was as much of an adventure as the last one. You feel all the old feelings that you did in the first book, but now they're conflicting with new feelings from this book. Westerfeld does a fantastic job pulling you into the story.

I really love futuristic/sci-fi type books. This one is a young adult book which is also something I really enjoy. If you like those kinds of books as well, I really suggest you check out Uglies. I can loan the book to you if you have Kindle.

Next month's book is Specials by Scott Westerfeld, the next book in the series. Let me know if you want a copy on Kindle!


1 comment:

  1. I read these while I taught at orem junior- they were the big craze for the ninth graders. I really liked uglies- but not as much so with pretties. and then the next few get progressively worse. I can't remember what they are even called!

    ReplyDelete