Sunday, March 31, 2013

March's Book: My Teenage Dream Ended

This month, I read My Teenage Dream Ended by Farrah Abraham. My friend Emerald said that I'd need two books this month -- which I just figured, "Oh, she reads faster than me. I'm sure I won't." No, she was right. I very lazily made my way through this book and finished on the 11th. So far this has been a read so many pages in a day challenge, but I just didn't even need to. I finished without any guidelines 20 days early.


So as you might guess, this was a pretty easy read. I'm super happy for that since these last couple of books haven't been the greatest nor do I love reading as much as I'd like to. So, I was grateful for a quick read that didn't take much thought or effort. 

The book was not a memoir, and hardly an autobiography. It read like a dramatized journal where she mostly talked about her relationship with the baby daddy, Derek. He was such a prick, but if you read this, I'll let you discover that all on your own. It wasn't until about 3/4 of the way through the book did she finally get pregnant. She very briefly talked about Sophia in the book but was sweet enough when addressing her to say that she felt she has fought hard for her and hopes Sophia can live a "blessed" life like she did. 

Watching her 16 & Pregnant and few seasons of Teen Mom, I'm not sure what all to believe. I understand that reality TV has a way of skewing things, but I also realize that people can skew their life stories in their books however they please to. Certain things didn't match up with the show, but in all honesty, I don't necessarily care. This reading experience has hardly made me like Farrah more, but I do see her as more of a human now than a screeching, whiny, selfish brat. I would neither say must read nor stay away. Read if you will. Don't if you don't.

Thanks to her keeping this month so short, I got a head start on my book for April which is Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. It's the sequel to Uglies which was an excellent read. Do read it. It's very fun. Then start reading Pretties with me. It'll be a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment