Monday, February 13, 2012

A Visitor!

My mother came to town last week, and it was wonderful. I'm still kinda sad that she left. Sometimes when I think about it, I tear up a little. I'm one hundred percent a mama's boy.

She was supposed to come out on Friday, but we got a huge snowstorm in Denver. The damage was 18 inches. Flights were cancelled and roads were closed. My mother did not make it in on Friday as planned. I was upset as expected. Hysterical really, but we won't get into that. My mom rescheduled her flight for Sunday morning and leaving for Friday afternoon. It was a half day more than I would've gotten if she came in on Friday as planned. So in all reality, it worked out better.

Once I had picked my mom up on Sunday, we came back home. Deb had made lunch for us. After lunch we played cards and just talked. Shelley came home from work late, and then we went to Red Robin for dinner. Monday we went to Celestial Seasoning Tea Tour. It was pretty boring as far as I'm concerned. The rest of the ladies loved it (my mom, Shelley, and Deb). Lots of tea was purchased afterwards. We'll never need to buy tea again. We went to Hacienda for lunch, and my mom said it was her favorite thing we'd done during her trip. We came home, hung out and Deb made a roast for dinner. Tuesday, we went to Egg and I for breakfast. Then we went to Denver Museum of Nature and Science. I love that museum. We saw an IMAX while we were there about pterosaurs. It was actually pretty creepy. Wednesday we went shopping and did all sorts of stuff. Thursday, we went to Canvas and Cocktails. Also my mom's favorite activity while out here. Friday, she helped me redecorate my bedroom. We went to Chili's for lunch, and she left me. So sad.

Actually kinda funny story, as we were driving to the airport, she told me how impressive of a driver I had become. She mentioned something about how I'm not much of a speeder. On my way home from the airport, I got a speeding ticket. Wow. Thanks for jinxing me, mother!

 On our way to Celestial Seasoning Tour. We're very expressive, emotional people.

Checking out the Butterfly Nebula at Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

Learning about our Earth at the museum.

Me and my mom

Shelley looking through a telescope.

Me and my mom again. Do you like my new doo?

Gained some antlers while at the museum. You can see how they tie me down.

We had too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment