Thursday, February 23, 2012

My New Job

I'm not honestly sure how much I can mention on my blog since there's supposed to be some level of confidentiality. I thought I'd tell you all a little, though. I got a new job caretaking adults with developmental disabilities. It's a pretty good job. I make decent money, and more than anything else, I watch tv and change diapers between commercial breaks. It's not glamorous, but it's a hell of a lot better than Garbanzo ever was. I'm excited to be learning new things and to be in a job that will at least open up other, better doors that won't be taking me back to working in a restaurant or retail. Probably shouldn't say that; I'm jinxing myself. I probably won't talk about it a lot more in my blog because the things I enjoy discussing are not jobs.

But remember in my last post how I said I'm not sure special education is my chosen career anymore? Yeah, I'm like a hundred percent positive of it now. I really need to get back into school and figure out what I want to do. Until I figure out what I want to do, I'm not gonna waste my money taking classes for fun. So I guess I should say I need to figure out what I want to do and then get in school (not the other way around.) Maybe y'all can help me peg what it is I want to do. Let's give it a go.

This is not necessarily in order.

#1. Theology Professor

He says, "Why not?"

#2. Lawyer

 But like, the good kind. Do they exist?

#3. Architect

Am I smart enough? There's a lot of math in that. I guess the question isn't if I'm smart, it's if I'm motivated enough.

#4. Real Estate Agent

Maybe? I promise if you help me realize this dream, I will make this face when I sell my first home.

#5. Interior Designer

Three things: Can you tell I've been watching a lot of HGTV at my new job? This must be where all these house career desires are coming from. 2. Yes, they're coming from that. But I have thought about interior designing before then brushed it off as unrealistic. Let's keep in mind, I'm not looking for totally realistic anymore. 3. This is David Bromstad. His show Color Splash sucks.

#6. A Colorado Police Officer

 This is a joke! I'm still annoyed about that ticket.

#7. Event Planner

When I heard that this was a career, I exclaimed I needed this job! I've planned lots of events, and I've loved every single second of it -- even the stressful seconds. There's such a reward in pulling off an event. So, I have to say theology professor, event planner, and interior designer are my top three choices right now.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Event Planner! That sounds like it would be great for you. Good lawyers do exist. I wanted to be an architect at one point as well, it is a lot of math. I vote event planner though. Interior designer could be fun... you could work with me at the gap.

    ReplyDelete