Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The R-Knot

Do not go see Contagion. It's just an incredibly bad idea if you're a hypochondriac like me.

I actually really hate describing things, so here is a synopsis taken off of IMDb:

"Soon after her return from a business trip to Hong Kong, Beth Emhoff dies from what is a flu or some other type of infection. Her young son dies a few days later. Her husband Mitch however seems immune. Thus begins the spread of a deadly infection. For doctors and administrators at the U.S. Center for Disease Control, several days pass before anyone realizes the extent or gravity of this new infection. They must first identify the type of virus in question and then find a means of combating it, a process that will likely take several months. As the contagion spreads to millions of people worldwide, societal order begins to break down as people panic."

I totally thought from the trailer that this was another run of the mill zombie/virus movie. And a fool I am for thinking that. Watching the trailer makes me cough! This movie will screw with your head. As was being said in the trailer, they stress the way people touch their faces and touch everything and how disease spreads like wildfire. So as if watching this movie didn't make me feel insecure enough, I had to come to work this week with everyone being sick. It's freaking me out. I'm pretty sure I'm just convincing myself I have symptoms I don't have. At least, let's hope. Seriously, don't watch Contagion.

No comments:

Post a Comment