Saturday, September 17, 2011

Utah Pride

I guess at times I have Utah Pride, somewhere buried deep down inside of me. When someone from Colorado says something about how Utah is really ugly compared to Colorado, I get really angry. I can agree that Colorado is better than Utah in  most every way. I can agree that almost anywhere is better than Utah in most every way. But I think y'all need to learn your place.

"Utah has the ugly side of the mountains" is an acceptable comment from anyone who lives in Utah. When a person from Colorado says it, I want to start shouting obscenities about how Utah is pretty and Utah is great. It's not great, I know this. But if you're not from Utah, you can't say it. So shut up.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Your feelings about this remind me of my cousin. Made me chuckle a little. Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I feel too. I think Colorado is really pretty, just as Utah is. But there is something to be said about the Beauty of Utah perhaps surpassing Colorado's in many ways (though I'm being a Hypocrite in saying it.) Utah does have the most national parks in the country.

    ReplyDelete